Haunted Peggy Doll: Gave Me a Big Fright!

You know when you make the decision to be brave… to put your scaredy-cat, brave-mouse knickers in the drawer and pull up your big girl panties? No? Well, I made the transition over to ‘being brave’ this week, and almost immediately it was challenged. (Ps. This is a funny post so try to see the humour here :) )

I saw a pretty cool article about a haunted doll named Peggy (She is currently being studied by recognised and respected Paranormal Investigator Jayne Harris, from Shrewsbury, Shropshire) I am still skeptical, although I do know that Spirits can and do attach themselves to objects and as far as objects go, a doll is a pretty legit place for a spirit to hang out. So I am open to being educated on the subject. 

Warning: Peggy has a bad effect on viewers...

I’m also a skeptic because I see peddlers selling spiritual snake-oil to the easily impression’ed online… this makes me sad... 

“This doll has the spirit of a 1765 Sea Pirate and he goes 
by the name Peg-Leg. only $50 incl. postage to your door” 

Firstly – this sometimes smacks of insincerity – and don't you think if there was a spirit attached he/she would be opposed to being the Unknown Slave of this modern generation? – being sold and shipped off to any persons household… I dunno. I make and sell dolls, it's possible to just sell the doll because she has cute eyes, not because she has a spook in her backpack! IF you sell dolls like this and genuinely mean goodwill – then good on ya! If you’re a snake-oil peddler then shame on you... *Gives you snake eyes across the interwebs*

SO ANYWAY, back to me almost losing it in my garage! 
My new "Bravey-Pants" were on, and I watched this video on a page about Peggy that says Watch at your own risk: Video of 'haunted' doll causes EIGHTY viewers to reportedly suffer chest pains, nausea and crippling headaches  which, of course, brought on immediate stomach pains… could have been the bowl of rocky road that I ate though. I then packed up and headed out to the shops leaving via the garage.

When I returned the garage was in darkness, the inner door was locked and both garage doors were down. As I parked I looked ahead to the work bench and on a chair next to the bench was a doll. Peggy.

"Heya Mate! Can I have ya SOUL please?" 

I sat with my white knuckled hands on the steering wheel and just stared, she stared back. I made the BRAVE decision to get out of the car, turn my back on the doll and close the garage door. I nervously walked toward the garage door, and lifted my arms, pulling the door down. As the room descended into semi-darkness, a shrill voice said:


“HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” 

Wait, it had an Australian accent so was more like:

"HAALLAAAAUUUWWWWWW!!"

I screamed.

Turns out it was my daughter and her cousin, my niece – playing in the garage – they had placed the doll on the chair and forgotten about her. It was probably the biggest fright I’ve had since we moved Down Under… 

An afterthought... It should have said:


"GOOD-ONN-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" 

"Wasn't I here when you left? Oh, my bad!" 



Have any of you ever had a scary experience that you can't quite explain? Any funny scary ones? Let me know!


Comments

Popular Posts