Ghost Story: 2001 visitation repeated in 2015?

We arrived home late on Wednesday in March 2015, after being away for almost a week. I had a paranormal experience just moments after we arrived back, while I was disarming the house alarm at our bedroom door. Now… in the past, and I'm talking about somewhere in 2001 (I’ve lived next door to that house, or in that house, since 1980) and there has always been increased activity in this house whenever we have been away.

2001
In 2001 I arrived home after being away for almost two weeks. I arrived pretty quietly, no banging of doors or major noise. I walked up my passage and turned into my bedroom (the first of two passage doors on the left side)

I walked into the room and stopped in my tracks, in front of me was a young man - about my height 1.73m / 5.10 - if you ever watched That 70's Show you will be able to imagine how he was dressed. Oxford bag pants big collared shirt, mutton-chop sideburns and dark curly hair. Like Hyde.

Of course, I thought it was an intruder and my first thought was to scream to draw the attention of my neighbours. The man looked up in fright as if I had startled him - and disappeared.

I ran to my mother's house next door and told her what I had seen. She then told me the 'story' of the house I was staying in...

In the 60’s there was a couple living there, a male couple. Now in South Africa during that time it was not ‘ok’ for same sex couples to live together openly, these two males lived with each other but as ‘room mates’ - only the neighbour knew the truth about them, due to the houses being so close together.  By the time my family moved into the house in the 1970’s and early 80’s (there are two houses joined together on one property) these two men were long gone.

When I ran to my mother’s house to tell her what had happened, she told me what the neighbour had told her years before.

This same sex couple were very tempestuous – they fought. A lot. One night the old neighbour heard them really fighting badly, the fight escalated until there was silence. The following morning when she was hanging out her washing she noticed a long stretch of the garden out back had been dug up, the one guy was filling it with concrete that he was mixing up. He then filled up the hole. The neighbour wanted to say something but it was obvious that this guy was a bit of a … murderer? And so, she always suspected that Guy number 2 was buried in the back garden. He was never seen again at the house after that night. I had never understood why my mother refused to put in a pool… she was afraid of digging up the body or the concrete tomb with the body inside it!

Fast forward to 2015
We arrive back home late at night, about 9pm or so after being away for a week. I opened our front door and made my way quickly into the passage to disarm the alarm. The alarm pad is in the passage to the right of the bedroom door (where I saw him before) and this time – without me really thinking about that incident or anything, there was major shuffling of ‘things’ in my room. It sounded like when someone is rushing to answer the phone and has to step over things, papers etc to get there. I thought straight away that my cat had somehow been locked up inside the house – but she sauntered up the passage at that moment so I knew it wasn’t her.

No fans were on. No lights were on. Something definitely moved across my room. Either towards or away from me. It took a full few seconds for me to realise what had happened, my heart rate hitched up a few notches and I ran from the house to tell my husband.

When I returned to the house in 2009 after a few years away, there was so much activity in the house that I didn’t feel safe anywhere. I felt the presence of this spirit in my room mainly, among others. When I was brave enough we held a prayer time and the house cleared for two and a half years. I say that because the day I brought my newborn home in 2010 the spirit returned with her. We prayed again and asked politely for the spirit to leave for as long as we were living there. We felt an immediate change in the house. One morning soon after, I was feeding my baby in the lounge – it was early but the sun was just up. I heard a knock on the front door, I walked over and opened it – no one was there. I sat down and immediately the knock sounded again, polite but firm. I realised in my spirit that it was this same spirit. (It is NOT a menacing entity it seems quite sweet but still scares me!) I spoke out loudly and clearly, stating that I appreciated his good manners but that we really preferred for him to stay outside.

I have felt the spirit a few more times – between the hours of 10pm and about 2am my built in cupboard in my bedroom shifts as if someone is climbing up the shelves or pulling on the doors. I am often wide awake and reading when this happens, the area I live in has mild temperatures so it isn’t the building ‘settling’ at all.

When I did some steam / boiling water ITC last year I felt that I had captured his face. I recognised him from 2001!







Have you had similar experiences? 

Comments

Popular Posts