UNUSUAL PROMPTING: The Djembe Twins

I just posted this on Facebook and on my other Lifestyle blog, but realised that the story deserves to be here as well. Since it includes an element that cannot be explained. Whether it was God, Angels, Spirits or something else altogether I can't say. All I know is that it was an amazing experience and not the first time it has happened! I will write about another experience that I had when I have a moment. 
In the meantime, take care! 
Wow.
Now I know why I have such a love for Djembe. I was so sad to leave my two special Djembe behind in South Africa.
The name Djembe comes from the saying "Anke djé, anke bé" which translates to "everyone gather together in peace" and defines the drum's purpose.
Just beautiful.
My South African Djembe twins that I had to leave behind have a special story behind them too. As most of you know, my life is often filled with mysterious and almost magical coincidences (My new Wedding band for instance that was found by chance and has our family's initials and surname initials carved into it) I was needing the drums for a children's show, I looked at modern versions of the Djembe and the prices were ridiculous - and the sound was too "manufactured" - I wanted a specific look and feel. I saw in my mind two pale wooden drums with deep carvings in them. Just couldn't find them though. The one day I was driving down our main road Umhlanga Rocks Drive, and I saw a small second hand shop set back from the road. I suddenly saw the drums in my mind and turned my car around. I parked and walked up the dusty brick steps... I walked right to the back of the store following where my gut was telling me to go... and there under a low hanging shelf... were two pale yellow wood, deeply carved Djembe twin drums. The price was exactly what I was expecting to receive in my account the next day. So I asked the owner if I could put down a small deposit and fetch them the following day. He agreed.
Lovely story hey? Always listen to the small voice inside your head. Like Beyonce tells you too.

;




)


Comments

Popular Posts