From The Water: An Unexpected House Guest Part II

August 2018
(Part I added January 2020!)

... My new Voice student arrived like all others do, a little nervous and excited.

I let him in and showed him to my corner office area for our lesson.

Before we could begin he suddenly said "I have to tell you, I used to play here as a child. It was my best friend Matty's place. So I said
"Really? wow!"
"Yeah, the house looked a lot different inside then, more walls. He died you know. He drowned at the beach here, just down the road."

And I got cold shivers.

We started to sing, but had to stop, because the sounds of someone making tea or coffee or lunch in our kitchen got so loud we couldn't continue... but there was no one in the kitchen. We both acknowledged the Matty was there, and continued with the lesson. After another 5 minutes we had to stop again, my chandelier candle holders were swinging violently around and around - while everything else was still. My student pointed it out to me and said he was blown away by what he was experiencing.

We stopped the lesson and spoke to Matty. My student said hello properly and afterwards we were able to carry on with the lesson!

Comments

Popular Posts