From The Water: An Unexpected House Guest Part I


August 2018

The Unexpected House Guest: Part I 
(Part II here)


We decided to move house in 2018, due to health reasons, and made the decision to look along the coast for a rental home near the beach - one that we could really settle into.

We looked at some places online but nothing caught our eye - until we spotted a brown brick house on the ridge between two sweeping bays. The house looked dated, but it seemed to be in a good location and had the space that we needed.

We arrived for our first look and within minutes we really didn't like the place - it felt odd. I looked in every room, fussed over whether the taps worked and how big the storage spaces were. But it felt odd.

We left, and decided that we really didn't want to stay there at all.

A week later, we were sitting on the sand of the one bay, and I looked back at where the house was upon the ridge (there is a large tower near the house, so it's easy to see where our house is from a good distance.)

I said out loud, that if we didn't rent that house, we would always regret it because it would be worth just being near lagoons and beaches. The family all agreed. Saying that every time we saw the tower we would regret it for sure.

So we went back for a second look. Now in our area, houses are usually snapped up really fast. They don't stay on the market for long due to high demand... but this house had stood empty for almost 8 weeks - with no one wanting it. Even though it had spacious bedrooms, ensuite, cupboards, and distant sea views...

The second time, we took measurements of our furniture and mapped out how our home could look. It all seemed to fit well, and this time we felt welcomed. Strangely.

We moved in without any drama, settled in and felt more at home.

Which is when things started to become more... active.

The first thing I noticed was that at night, in our open plan lounge, kitchen, home office, from about 11pm onwards, someone or something would start bustling around the galley kitchen. I would hear cupboard doors opening and closing, the kettle boiling and teacups clinking... and the xbox would turn itself on. Which it never did during the day, and can only do if someone touches the finger sensor on the box.

Then the water issues started. The ceiling leaked due to a cracked roof tile whenever it rained which was understandable. But the kitchen AND Ensuite water pipes under the sink corroded and cracked in the same week, flooding the cupboards in each room. Not water-pressure based. Pipes etc not the same age. Just weirdly well-timed.

Then at night, the tap on the ensuite sink would turn on full blast - gushing water into the sink. We'd have to go in and turn it at least half a turn to make the water shut off. Again, not water-pressure based (as confirmed by the plumber who told me "You've got a mate in the bathroom, and it's not alive if you know what I mean!" - they then refused to return when the next thing happened:

The shower turned on at around the 2am - 3am mark.
To shut it off the tap had to be turned a fair bit.
But it had definitely been turned.

At this point something started happening to me.

In my office at night when I was working, and during the day when the kids had left for school I would start to feel off. I would start to sob, feel as if I was drained of energy, heartbroken and sad. When there was nothing wrong!

I realised that I had to do something about it, when I was driving a fair distance one evening and I suddenly felt the energy shift in the car. I felt the now-familiar sensation of something leaning on my shoulders. I felt the familiar draining of energy and felt so sleepy... Suddenly I knew exactly what was happening to me - and I spoke out loud. Setting boundaries and telling the spirit to give me space, and that they were not allowed to touch me or my family anymore.

 I was being used as an energy source! Once I set those boundaries it never happened again.

And then the deceased spirit's living best friend arrived at my house by chance, and things went a little crazy...













Comments

Popular Posts