Anomaly: The Unexplained Car Accident


After the experience with my car  I was now working full time and decided to buy a new car, I would have to sell my old car to raise a deposit.

I was driving home one night from work along the Freeway/Highway. I had just come down the on-ramp and was picking up speed to enter the traffic, I got up to 120k/ph(74.5m/ph) when suddenly I felt my car lift UP at the BACK - the nose of my car pointed DOWN and I was about 30cm higher in the air in my seat than usual and looking down the nose of my car at the road surface. My car felt like it was yanked backwards forcefully and then placed down again on the road. the reality was that I had gone from doing 120 to 0 in about 3 seconds - which is why I felt like I was being yanked backwards.

I was in shock.

My car was completely still and had switched off.

I put on my hazards and my headlights - it was rush hour on a busy stretch of highway and visibility was not the greatest. It was twilight just before sundown.

I managed to call for help, and my step dad called a tow company - students of mine saw me and handed me a bright coloured head scarf to wave at oncoming traffic so that I would not be hit from behind.

The tow company arrived along with the police, they closed my lane and helped guide traffic into the other lane.

The tow truck driver had a look at the car, and he got down - looking underneath the car and at the road. He was shaking his head and scratching it! I asked what was wrong!

"I can't really tell you what's happened here. It doesn't make any sense"

I explained what I had experienced and he shook his head again. He said.

"Your rear wheel brakes have gotten so hot that they have melted and fused together in an egg shape. But. The skid marks in the road are only from your FRONT wheels. There is no mark on the road from the wheels that locked up at the back. It makes no sense. IF wheels lock like this, most times the car spins out, wheels burst and it's a pretty nasty accident. Also, you were doing the speed limit, but the skid marks are not even 1.4 meters long." He was at a loss for words.

Basically, my experience of the car being held up in the air from behind, matched the evidence on the road.

I still to this day don't know what happened.

Comments

Popular Posts